A bar table is a tall, often narrow table that features in many homes, garages, pubs, and cafes. It can come with or without chairs, and often features wood or wood products and metal. A bar table is a convenient addition for any home due to its versatility. While you can use it in your home bar, you can also put one in your kitchen, dining room, living room, or anywhere else.
Is a bar table something you could use in your house? It might be time to go shopping. Here are nine top-rated bar tables below, including pros and cons for each.
1. Ball & Cast Bar Table
By Ball & Cast
Even though you have to assemble this bar table yourself, you won’t mind when you realize how high-quality and well made it is. Whether you need a bar table for your man cave, garage, dining room, kitchen, or anywhere else in your home, it’s likely to fit right in.
It stands 42 inches tall, comes with hardware and tools for its assembly, and has many features that are bound to be convenient once you start using it. There are little pieces of fabric on the feet to stop it from scratching your floor, and even x-shaped leg stability braces and self-leveling adjustable feet to prevent it from moving around. Balance and stability is certainly not a problem with this bar table.
It’s also available in a beautiful rustic brown color scheme with an iron tone base finish and boasts wood and veneer construction. If the table isn’t enough to satisfy your needs, then you can also purchase it with matching bar stools of the same style and quality.
This table is heavy, robust, and made to last a long time. It will even handle drinks sitting on it without damaging the surface. If it’s time to upgrade your bar table to something special, then this one from Ball & Cast could be it.
- 42 inches
- Rustic brown color scheme
- Wood and veneer construction
- Iron-tone base finish
- L-shaped adjustable feet levelers
- X-shaped leg stability brace
- Assembly required
- Hardware and tools included
- 42 x 36 x 36 inches
- Lovely industrial and mid-century styling
- It’s ideal for most areas of the house
- The legs are self-leveling for balance and convenience
- It’s well made
- You can buy matching stools to go with it
- It’s heavy and features high-quality materials
- There is cushioning on the bottom of the legs to avoid floor damage
- Challenging to assemble for many
2. Tribesigns Pub Table Set
Trying to find a bar table with stools that don’t take up a lot of space is a challenge, but Tribesigns proves it’s not impossible. Their three-piece set with a bar table and two stools are suitable for any small area, bar, kitchen, dining room, or somewhere else.
You can buy it as white or black with a distressed top, and enjoy the seamless approach to fitting it into your home. Once you assemble each component, the stools fit neatly under the table to minimize the footprint in your home.
The assembly process can take a long time if you’re not DIY-minded, but upon completion, you’re likely to be impressed. The stools have a robust ladder-shaped frame to keep them sturdy and balanced, while the table boasts a thick 1.96-inch steel frame with 0.78-inch wood top. It’s robust and made to last.
All the materials are high-quality, and the stools are of a comfortable height for adults. They also come with a warranty from Tribesigns so that you can be sure of your purchase. Give this bar table and stools a chance and see if they are right for your home.
- Black or white color scheme
- Three-piece set
- Two stools and table included
- Ladder-shaped metal frame
- 250-pound seat weight capacity
- 0.78-inch thick bar table surface
- 1.96-inch thick metal
- You can choose a color scheme
- The seats fit neatly under the table to save space
- Suitable for bars, kitchens, dining rooms, and more
- High-quality materials
- The stools don’t wobble around
- The seats are a comfortable height for adults
- They come with an 18-month assurance warranty
- You have to assemble them
- Assembly can take a long time
3. Flash Furniture Cocktail Table
By Flash Furniture
Whether you need a bar table for a special event, cocktails with friends, or drinks at home, then this one from Flash Furniture is worth your inspection. While it does have some issues with wobbly tops and no leg protection to stop floor scratches; there are plenty of great features too.
This bar table stands at 30 inches tall but is customizable. It also comes with a 42-inch column so that you can make it taller as you wish. This option is perfect for those events that require planning and preparation in advance.
You can use it inside or outside, and the tabletop has both PVC outer edges for durability and four coats of polyurethane varnish too. They might wobble around a bit, but at least they are protected from minor damage.
The legs, too, are something special, with self-leveling floor glides to keep the legs firmly on the ground. You may, however, like to add felt squares to the feet to stop them from damaging wood flooring.
This bar table is an excellent option for many events and parties, but it’s by no means perfect. Weigh up the pros and cons before you make a purchase.
- 30 inches
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Birchwood top
- Quadruple-coated polyurethane varnish
- Black PVC table edge
- 42-inch columns
- Self-leveling floor glides
- It balances well on the floor with self-leveling glides
- The tabletop has four layers of varnish for durability and protection
- You can use it inside or outside
- It comes with a taller column so that you can make the table taller
- It features plenty of space for drinks
- Suitable for any area in your home
- The edges are smooth and durable with PVC
- Affordable to buy
- There is nothing to stop the feet from marking the floor
- The tabletop can wobble around
- There are no screws to secure the top in place
4. Keter Outdoor Patio Pool Cooler Table
Imagine if your bar table could do more than serve as a surface to hold drinks? That’s the reality with this cooler table from Keter. Not only can you store your drink on the top of it, but in it as well.
This table has a built-in cooler that you can fill with ice. You can then spin the top off, remove a drink, then sit back and relax. Once you are finished or the ice has melted, you can remove a drain plug and let all the water flow away. It’s that easy!
This bar table with built-in cooler is available in coral, teal, gray, or brown. You can buy it as a smooth table or with a rattan finish. It also features recycled plastic resin material and lightweight materials that are both easy-care and effortless to move around.
Many people love this bar table for a whole host of reasons. You can set it by your pool, take it to the beach, or leave it in your patio area. It can handle both inside and outside use. It’s also well made and has a competitive price tag. As far as convenience goes, this bar table offers it all.
However, before you get your wallet out, it’s helpful to be aware of its downfalls, according to some reviewers. It doesn’t have the best insulation, which means that ice can melt quickly in intense sun, and the rattan material can be hard to clean. The tabletop also doesn’t always lock in place properly, and the colors can differ from those in the online imagery. If you can get past those points, you can purchase a two-in-one bar table with functionality galore.
- Brown, gray, teal, and coral color schemes
- Rattan or smooth style options
- Two-in-one cooler and table design
- Pull-up tabletop
- Drain plug
- 100 percent recycled material
- Plastic resin material construction
- Plenty of color and style options
- It functions as a cooler to keep your drinks cool
- It’s well made
- Affordable price tag
- It handles the weather
- You can drain water out of the bottom plug
- It features recycled materials
- Ideal for by the pool, at the beach, and outside
- It doesn’t have the best insulation
- The material is hard to clean
- It doesn’t always lock in place properly
- There are color discrepancies from the online imagery
5. Christopher Knight Home Bar Set
By Christopher Knight Home
Aside from having to assemble this bar table yourself, you’re going to love everything it has to offer. Get ready with your tools and wait for it to arrive in the mail. You will be pleased when it does.
It features Ethel dark gray fabric on the two bar stools along with rubberwood materials. The table has a natural oak finish and medium-density fibreboard to make it affordable to purchase. Even though the best materials aren’t used in the creation of this bar table and stools, it’s reliable and sturdy all the same.
It has a beautiful walnut veneer finish, a compact size to suit small and large homes, and versatility in its styling for bars, kitchens, dining rooms, and more. This set is as flexible for your needs as they come.
What’s more, it’s affordable. It can be a challenge to find a bar table and stools that don’t break the bank, but Christopher Knight Home will deliver. Check this set out and decide if it’s right for you.
- Ethel dark gray fabric
- Natural oak finish
- Three-piece set
- One table
- Two bar stools
- Assembly required
- Medium-density fibreboard construction
- Walnut veneer table
- Rubberwood bar stool construction
- A sleek and stylish finish
- Affordable pricing
- Suitable for small areas
- Comfortable seats
- You get both the table and stools
- Easy to assemble
- You have to assemble them yourself
6. Powell Pub Table
If you want your property to be one of class and elegance, then check out this bar table from Powell. If you wish to put it in your home bar, living room, or somewhere else; it’s likely to fit right in.
It boasts a cherry wood finish, birch veneer, MDF wood, and metal frame. The metal frame is a lovely mixture of bronze and matte pewter. All of these elements work together to form a beautiful and highly elegant bar table that suits both classic and contemporary abodes.
A lot of effort has gone into ensuring it’s balanced and stable too. You will have no qualms about using it to store drinks and other items. The scrollwork on the frame is an exquisite touch as well, as is the generous-sized tabletop, which is more significant than many other bar tables for sale.
It’s evident that there’s a lot to love about this table, but it’s not perfect. It doesn’t have the best materials, so it can warp with moisture on the veneer layer. It’s also quite expensive if you compare it to the full bar table range, and you have to assemble it. It is, however, a lovely looking table – so it could be worth a closer look.
- Cherry wood
- Matte pewter and bronze metal finish
- Assembly required
- Metal construction
- Birch veneer
- MDF wood
- Elegant and classy
- Lovely finish
- It’s balanced and well stable
- Easy to care for
- Straightforward to assemble
- It suits any home or business
- Generous tabletop to house a lot of glasses
- Expensive to buy
- You have to assemble it
- The veneer can warp with moisture
7. Cleveland Bar Table
By Coaster Home Furnishings
If you’re looking for retro style furniture to add to your man cave or bar, then this bar table from Cleveland is an excellent place to start. You can buy it in silver or white with chrome, and it boasts both MDF and metal construction.
The styling of this bar table is reminiscent of the 1950s soda fountain look, and it’s likely to be a desirable addition to any home. Even though you have to assemble it, this process doesn’t take all that long either. If you’re looking for unique furniture, you’ve found it.
It has a generous weight capacity of up to 330 pounds, is affordable to buy, and stands out in any home. However, the laminate cover on the table looks cheap, and the photo shows bar stools which don’t come with it. You then have to track down retro-style bar stools that look the same.
All in all, this bar table is far different than several others on the market and may appeal for that very reason.
- Chrome and white or silver color options
- MDF and metal construction
- White finish
- Assembly required
- 330-pound weight limit
- 50s soda fountain styling
- It has a retro appeal
- Affordable to buy
- Generous weight capacity
- You can choose the color scheme you like
- It’s easy to assemble
- It’s unique
- It looks like it has a cheap laminate cover
- It doesn’t come with matching stools as shown in the photos
8. Duhome Elegant Lifestyle Bar Table
If you require a bar table for your home, restaurant, bistro, or garage, then this one from Duhome Elegant Lifestyle is worth a closer look. From the clean and spunky white color scheme to the chrome steel, ABS plastic, and range of convenient features; this bar table has it all.
It has a square top to stand out from the crowd, an affordable price tag, and easy-clean materials too. If you work in hospitality and require this bar table, it will be an excellent advantage. What people also like is that you can adjust the height. If you don’t like the standard height, you can move the base up.
The base is also solid and heavy to stop it from moving around, and you can use this bar table in a range of areas. The top does feel a little loose, and it’s a challenge to move around, but that doesn’t detract from the overall appeal of this table.
- White color scheme
- ABS plastic
- Chrome steel
- Adjustable height
- Square top
- Assembly required
- Affordable to buy
- You can adjust the height of it
- It doesn’t take much effort to assemble
- Ideal for a range of areas
- Suitable for residential or commercial use
- Durable materials
- Easy to clean
- Heavy and stable base
- Shiny finish
- The tabletop feels loose and can spin
- It’s a challenge to move around without something falling off
9. Picket House Furnishings Bar Table Set
By Picket House Furnishings
Why put up with a rickety old bar table and chairs when a new set such as this one from Picket House Furnishings is available? Even though it’s quite expensive, it’s a sound investment for any homeowner looking for some elegance in their home.
With this furniture deal, you receive a table and three bar stools. The stools are elegant and robust with taupe fabric, a walnut finish, and cherry undertones, while the upholstery is comfortable too. The table is exceptional as well, with the same wood finish, robust framework, and a straightforward assembly process.
The straight legs of this bar table also mean it’s versatile for almost any area in your house. Put it in your bar, kitchen, dining room, anywhere you please. The only thing you may question is the light material of the chairs. If you have children or know your family is hard on furniture, then the fabric can show up stains. Otherwise, it’s a classy set that’s worthy of your attention.
- Three bar stools included
- USB ports included
- Power strip
- Upholstered seats
- Taupe fabric
- Seat cushion piping
- Walnut finish
- Cherry undertones
- Straight legs
- Foam cushion seat
- Assembly required
- You get a full set of three bar stools with the table
- The stools are comfortable
- Elegant styling
- The table has a built-in power strip and USB ports
- The leg framework is stable and well-balanced
- Everything arrives in one box
- Installation and assembly are effortless
- It’s suitable for bars, kitchens, living rooms, and more
- It can be expensive to buy
- The light chair material shows up marks
Considerations for Purchasing a Bar Table
It can be quite an exciting experience to purchase new furniture for your house, but that excitement can turn to disappointment if you don’t like what you get. It’s not enough to look at a picture online and expect it to suit your needs well. You have to do your homework and establish what your needs are before you go ahead.
Before you get your wallet out, check out these considerations below. With enough research, you can purchase a bar table that’s likely to tick all the boxes.
Take a look at the space you are trying to fill with a bar table and potentially some stools. How big is it? You may think you’ve found the best counter to suit the area, but have you measured it? Measure the space you need to fill then compare those dimensions to bar tables for sale online. You can then shop with more confidence that a bar table won’t be too big or small for the area.
- Materials & Finish
A bar table you spot online may look like it’s everything you need, but what materials have been used in its construction? MDF is quite common, but so too is particleboard, fibreboard, and metal. Any wood materials that aren’t solid wood need to be thoroughly checked out. Often, they have a veneer coating which can warp with moisture. The more expensive something is, the more likely it is to be a high-quality material that lasts the distance.
One of the many problems that people face when purchasing a new bar table is the assembly process. If it doesn’t arrive fully assembled, you’re not to know whether it’s a well-made product or not. The reviews of a particular table are likely to give you insight into the product’s quality before you buy it. Find out if anything is loose or if instructions are vague. It’s also helpful if the table comes with hardware and tools for installation too.