Last update on 2021-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
An iOS condenser microphone is a special recording microphone that works with your iPads, iPod Touches, and iPhones. Some also work with Android, Mac, PC, and even cameras and instruments.
Condenser microphones have conductive diaphragms next to the backplate, which creates a capacitor. The capacitor has an electric charge from your device which causes the diaphragm to vibrate. They are available as large-diaphragm condensers, side-address, dual-diaphragm, small diaphragm, and tube condenser microphones.
Every iOS condenser will suit a different purpose and purpose, which means you can’t jump into the purchasing process without first doing your homework. Read on to learn more about the different options for sale, as well as what appears at the top of the food chain for your needs.
1. Shure iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone
If you’re tired of inferior audio quality every time you haul out the guitar or prepare a speech, then this iOS condenser microphone might be worth a closer look. Not only does it vastly improve the audio quality of your iOS devices, but it’s an affordable and high-tech product that will take almost any audio recording task to the next level.
You can choose from one of three purchasing models then jump right into using it. It tilts 90 degrees to suit where you need it to be, and it comes with two free pro-level recording apps. These work better with your phone and microphone than standard audio apps.
It’s well-priced, comes with a windscreen accessory, and is pocket-friendly too. You will be amazed at what this iOS condenser microphone can bring to the table. What people also appreciate is its versatility. It has five different DSP preset modes, including one for singing, acoustic instruments, loud, flat, and speech. It will also adjust the compression, EQ, and limiting automatically.
What are you waiting for? Advance your audio recording with this iOS condenser microphone from Shure.
- Three models
- Five DSP preset modes
- Automatic EQ adjustment
- 90-degree tilt
- Two free apps
- Apple MFI certified compatible
- Windscreen accessory
- It’s pocket-friendly
- Powerful audio recording capabilities
- The compression, limiting, and EQ adjusts automatically
- There are five modes for speech, loud, flat, acoustic instruments, and singing
- You get pro-level recording apps with it for free
- It comes with the windscreen accessory
- Competitively priced
- Crystal clear audio quality up close
- You can’t use an external power source
- You have to remove your phone’s protective case
2. Zoom Stereo Microphone
When you’re on a budget, you might not think you can afford an iOS condenser microphone to replace your default audio on your iOS device. Fortunately, when you buy this microphone from Zoom, that’s what you get – and more.
This iOS condenser microphone is compatible with any iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone that has a lightning connector. It also comes with an extended Lightning connector and removable spacer.
You can choose from two models – both for a competitive price tag, then enjoy its vast range of features. It’s easy to set up with an effortless interface, and the free audio app will be well-received too. This iOS condenser microphone also rotates to ensure you get the best sound angle.
It comes with three-segment LED meters, an analog-type microphone gain wheel, and 90, 120, and mid-side recording functionality. There is certainly a lot to love. Before you add it to your shopping cart, though, it pays to be aware of what other users think of it. It has been known to feel cheap, and the stereo separation may not be as good as different iOS condenser microphones for sale. Some people also notice crackling and echoing.
Given its price tag, this popular product is still worth a closer look. Check it out for yourself and see if it suits your requirements.
- Two models
- 90, 120, and mid-side recording
- Rotating mechanism
- Three-segment LED meters
- Analog-type mic gain wheel
- Extended lightning connector and spacer included
- Free recorder app
- Competitively priced
- It comes with a free recording app
- You can choose from two models
- It can rotate
- It works with almost any iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with a lightning connector
- It enhances the audio well
- It’s easy to set up
- The app is easy to use
- It feels cheap
- The stereo separation isn’t as good as others
- Some people notice crackling and echoing
3. MeloAudio Microphone iOS Condenser Microphone
If you’re starting to get quite involved in audio recording with your iOS products, then why not look at this iOS condenser microphone as your next purchase? While you could make use of the inbuilt microphone on your iPod, iPad, or iPhone, this one takes the audio quality to an entirely new level.
You get to enjoy three-level reverb effects, digital recording quality up to 48Khz, and two recording modes of 3D and mono. For an entry-level audio recorder, this iOS condenser microphone can be all you need.
It works with most iOS devices that are lighting-equipped, and it’s also priced well on the market. Many purchasers also like that you can choose from three different colors of pink, silver, and black.
Alongside the myriad of options, you can select an app you want to use this iOS condenser microphone with, rather than relying on any free apps the manufacturer sends you. This microphone will work with GarageBand, Apple’s generic audio recorder, and almost any other one you have. The choice is yours.
This entry-level iOS condenser microphone is, however, not going to work for everyone. The audio can be a little echoey, and those who aren’t tech-minded could find the instructions confusing. It’s also better suited for solo recording, and you’ll have to remove your phone’s case first. For the price, it represents excellent value, but it’s by no means a professional iOS condenser microphone.
- Silver, pink, and black color options
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod compatibility
- 48Khz digital recording
- 3D and mono recording modes
- Three-level reverb effects
- Multi-application compatible
- It’s funky and stylish
- You can choose a color to suit
- It works with most lightning-equipped iOS devices
- It works with almost any video or audio recording app
- It’s priced competitively
- It’s easy to set up and use
- The audio can sound echoey
- The instructions for use can be confusing
- Better suited to solo recording
- It doesn’t fit with a case on it
4. Saramonic Condenser Microphone
If your built-in microphone is not quite suitable for your needs, but you only need to see a slight improvement for podcasts or live streaming, then check out this iOS condenser microphone from Saramonic. It’s by no means a professional microphone, but it works for everyday users who want to see any improvement on their iOS device.
It works with iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches, and is both lightweight and portable. Wherever you take your device, this microphone will happily accompany it. It’s easy to install and use, has one of the most competitive price tags, and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out how to use it. In many ways, it’s the ideal product.
The shotgun design and frequency response are surprising, too, for it may surpass your expectations. It also has a sleek, black color scheme as the icing on the cake. It removes background noise, enhances the user experience, and is ultimately an entry-level product with some great features.
What you should be aware of before you buy it, however, is that it’s a bit finicky and has to be in a particular position for it to work at its best. It also doesn’t always seem much better than the default microphone and can sound muffled when you move it a lot. It’s not a professional iOS condenser microphone, but it never claims to be.
- Three models
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad compatibility
- 35 Hz – 18 kHz frequency response
- Lighting cable required
- Shotgun design
- Black color scheme
- One of the most affordable iOS condenser microphones on the market
- It’s easy to install and use
- Ideal for podcasts, live streaming, and more
- Suitable for beginners
- Compatible with many iOS products
- It’s lightweight and portable
- It removes some background noise
- It’s finicky with where you position it for best results
- It doesn’t always seem that much better than the built-in microphone
- It can sound muffled if you move a lot while using it
5. Shure iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone
If you need an all-around decent iOS condenser microphone that will work for a range of audio recording tasks, then this one from Shure may be the answer. Not only does it come with a ShurePlus MOTIV app to enhance your audio recording experience, but a myriad of other desirable features as well.
It comes with a Rycote Windjammer windscreen sock to block out background noise, and it even comes with five DSP preset modes. The microphone automatically adjusts its settings based on whether you are using it for instrumentals, vocals, live performances, or something else.
It works with most lightning-connected iOS devices, has an excellent frequency response, and is a lot clearer than many people would expect. However, it does have a few faults. You can only use it in Airplane mode, and it’s a bit more expensive than other iOS condenser microphones with similar features. Some people also believe the windsock is more of a hindrance than a help at times.
This iOS condenser microphone is still sure to pique your curiosity, so view its features list and decide for yourself.
- Rycote Windjammer windscreen included
- Lightning-connected iOS device compatibility
- ShurePlus MOTIV app compatible
- Five DSP preset modes
- 24-bit/48kHz resolution
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response
- 90-degree hinge
- Clear, high-quality sound
- Suitable for most lighting-connected iOS devices
- Great frequency response
- Ideal for live performances, instrumentals, vocals, and audio for video
- Loud, flat, acoustic, singing, and speech DSP modes
- It’s portable
- It’s a little pricey
- You have to use your phone in Airplane Mode
- The windsock can be a hindrance
6. Boya Dual Lavalier Microphone
Not everyone owns an iOS device, so why would you need an iOS condenser microphone if you don’t? Fortunately for Android device owners, and even those with other audio-compatible devices, this microphone is going to become your new friend.
Not only does it work with iOS devices, but also with guitars, PCs, Android devices, cameras, and more. Almost anything that supports audio input and output will work with this dual lavalier microphone from Boya.
Instead of one microphone like most iOS condenser microphones for sale, this one has two. You can clip one onto your collar and one onto that of your interview subject, and enjoy excellent audio.
This multi-purpose microphone is also more convenient and favorable than you may have first thought. It has a 236-inch cable to ensure it works for two people, and it even comes with a generous one-year warranty. The warranty period may surprise you, considering the price tag is so competitive.
Rather than purchase an expensive iOS condenser microphone when you don’t have to, enhance your audio experience with this one from Boya.
- Clip-on microphone style
- Android and iOS compatibility
- Multi-purpose use
- It can record two people at the same time
- 236-inch cable
- One-year warranty
- It works with most phone brands, cameras, guitars, computers, and more
- Easy to set up
- Ideal for interviews, podcasts, blogs, and audio for videos
- Affordable to buy
- The cable is extra-long for recording two people
- You can clip the microphones to your clothing
- Generous warranty period
- The audio quality is not as good as higher-end models
7. Audio-Technica Condenser USB Microphone
Aside from a few lacking features and no option to buy replacement cords from any place other than this iOS condenser microphone’s manufacturer, you will still enjoy much of what this microphone has to offer. Not only does it work with iOS products, but tablets, PCs, and other electronic devices as well.
It connects via USB, boasts DAW program connectivity, and even comes with a myriad of different accessories. While you receive an iOS condenser microphone in the mail, you also get a desk stand, microphone adapter, two connection cables, a stand mount, and a travel pouch. There is a lot of value packed into one competitive price tag.
This iOS condenser microphone is ideal for podcasting, voiceover work, and studio and field recording. You don’t need any additional mixers or accessories, and it’s perfect for recording on the road. It’s not going to be the best for music recording, but the audio quality is excellent all the same. Give it a whirl and see if suits your needs.
- Tablet, PC, and iOS compatibility
- USB connectivity
- DAW program connectivity
- 24-bit/96kHz sound resolution
- 20-20,000 Hz frequency response
- Accessories included
- It comes with a stand mount, microphone adapter, two connection cables, a desk stand, and travel pouch
- Ideal for recording on the road
- It’s compatible with most devices
- Suitable for studio and field recording, podcasting, and voiceover work
- You can connect it directly to a PC or tablet
- It connects with an easy-to-use USB cord
- You don’t need any mixers or additional accessories
- Replacement cords have to come from this manufacturer only
- It lacks features that other iOS condenser microphones have
8. Apogee Microphone
This iOS condenser microphone from Apogee is a bit expensive, works better with your phone in Airplane mode, and its audio is not as smooth as others. These reasons might be enough for you to look elsewhere, but first, check out what good features it has – for there are many.
It works with iPads, iPhones, and Macs, and even comes with the connection cords so that you don’t have to find your own. It’s also an excellent option for both vocals and acoustics, whereas not all iOS condenser microphones for sale are.
Use it for interviews, podcasts, and voiceovers, and enjoy the crystal-clear quality that comes with it. When you use this iOS condenser microphone, you also don’t need an external power source, for it uses your phone or other iOS device.
It’s easy to set up and use, comes with everything you need, and will surely take your audio recording experience to the next level. So, while it’s not perfect, it could be perfect for you.
- iPad, iPhone, and Mac compatibility
- Vocal and acoustic recording compatibility
- 24-bit/96 kHz HD recording
- Lighting and Mac USB cables included
- It comes with all the cords you require
- Suitable for voiceovers, interviews, and podcasts
- Crystal-clear quality
- You can use it for audio for DSLR video
- It doesn’t need an external power source
- Easy to connect and use
- It works better if your phone is in Airplane mode
- It’s not as smooth as others for sale
9. IK Multimedia Studio Microphone
Don’t settle for less than the best when you can have this iOS Condenser Microphone from IK Multimedia. It’s suitable for both iOS and Android devices, is well priced and offers a myriad of different features to take your recording experience to the next level.
It’s sleek and black, has a one-inch large-diaphragm capsule, and even comes with an integrated headphone output. It seems that IK Multimedia has thought of everything.
When you buy this iOS Condenser Microphone, you will also appreciate that it has an LED status and level indicator, comes with all the cables you require, and even has a tripod tabletop stand included in the price.
You will need a powered USB hub to run it, and your Android device must be 5.0 at a minimum, but they are small problems in the scheme of things. Check this iOS Condenser Microphone out for yourself and see if it’s right for you.
- Large-diaphragm one-inch capsule
- 24-bit converter
- 44.1/48Khz sampling rate
- Integrated headphone output
- Gain and headphone level control black color scheme
- iOS compatibility
- It works with iPads, Macs, iPhones, and even Androids
- It’s sleek and black
- Well priced
- It offers a low-noise, high-definition preamp
- You can control the headphone levels
- It comes with a tripod tabletop stand
- It comes with all the cables you need
- It has an LED status and level indicator
- Android devices must be 5.0 at a minimum
- You need a powered USB hub to run it
- There’s a loud noise you have to edit out when you hit record
Considerations for Purchasing an iOS Condenser Microphone
It can be quite a big deal to buy a new iOS condenser microphone. You don’t want to mess around with low-end models, but where do you draw the line with price versus value? Read on to learn a few of the things to consider before you hit the buy-now button.
The first and often most crucial point is the price tag. In many cases, the more you spend on a new iOS condenser microphone, the better it’s going to suit your needs. If you are looking for an entry-level microphone, however, you don’t have to pay a lot.
- Frequency Response
The frequency response of an iOS condenser microphone is an essential factor to consider, as well. A microphone should pick up both high and low frequencies, and each microphone’s capabilities are measured in hertz. A vocal microphone should be around 80 Hz to 15 kHz, while if you are using a microphone for snares and toms, that range is better to start at about 50 Hz.
The sensitivity, measuring as an SPL-handling compatibility, is essential for those who need to measure the lowest and quietest sounds. SPL is measured in decibels, and it describes the lowest and highest sounds an iOS condenser microphone can handle. The average to high level is 100-130 db.
What are you using an iOS condenser microphone for? Is it for vocal recording, podcasts, live streaming, singing, or studio work? Or, are you interviewing someone, performing, or something else? Every iOS condenser microphone for sale is suitable for a different task, so read through the manufacturer specifications and the user reviews to get an idea of each mic’s setup and suitability.